12.09.2008

Favorite Food...Pizza

As a kid 9 times out of 10 when the question was asked "what's your favorite food?" the answer would come back almost automatically... "PIZZA!!!"

Well when I was a kid I'd answer the question a litlle out of the box. My answer was always "CRAB!"

I love crab. Always have, always will. There's been a few times in my life where I've eaten so much crab I've made myself sick. (it was a long car ride home. Ask my parents)

Today I had the opportunity to eat crab. After a few miscommunications and a closed restaurant, my co-workers and I found ourselves at Redding's own Buz's Crab Shack. Est.1968 Todd and I decided to split a whole crab for lunch since it's in season and finally affordable. It was good. I honestly can't remember the last time that delicious meat graced my lips, but as soon as I tasted it i remembered my long lost familiar love.

My hunger was barely satisfied. When I saw in the paper that crab was on sale at Raley's for only 2.99lb I new what I had to do... Buy crab for dinner. And that's what I did. I bought two whole crabs for 15$. Big ones too. I thought that I'd make enough to share for me and Aleah plus Tim and Kalin. Tim and Kalin ended up not eating the crab with us so Aleah and I put down two big crabs by ourselves...probably not evenly split. I put down a lot for the team. I can't complain.

Crab's always been my favorite food, and at the rate I'm going it probably always will be.

5 comments:

noah! said...

do you melt butter and dip it?

Kim said...

sounds delicious! what about a crab pizza?

susan nish said...

Even I remember when you and your dad went to that restaurant in Baltimore and you eat and eat and eat crab

pedronegro said...

yup that glorious little photo was taken on a 3G iPhone. I am really impressed at the quality of photos that it takes

noah! said...

david, i had crab this weekend and i thought of you. some people like to spend lots of time separating all their crab meat before they eat it. i say phooey! straight from the shell to my face. no crab purgatory for me. instant gratification!